Nateur Cooking with Pierce Abernathy
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring. It’s still possible to indulge in your favorite foods, while nourishing your body at the same time. Here we share clean versions of delicious recipes that will leave you feeling and looking incredible and not to mention, incredibly satisfied
Name: Pierce Abernathy
Job description: content strategist
Eat this for (good skin, healthy gut, etc):
Kimchi and other fermented foods for probiotics/healthy gut
Nut butters for good fats
Whole foods (vegetables, fruits, and whole grains) as often as possible
Top 3 Instagram accounts for inspiration: @ottolenghi@nomaferments@cooksillustrated
Favorite skin food ingredient and why:
Fatty fish like salmon or mackerel for the omega-3’s. Good fish is cooked quickly and needs minimal fussing with to be delicious.
Go-to quick, healthy meal:
A quick cooking grain bowl with sauteed kale, beans, and roasted veggies.
Skincare mantra: Less is more :)
Red Cabbage Slaw
1/2 red cabbage (14 oz)
4 oz carrots
1 fennel bulb
1/2 cup sliced pickled or raw red onions
1 Granny Smith apple
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1” piece of ginger, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
Toasted sesame oil to garnish
Honey roasted peanuts to garnish
Scallions to garnish
1. Cut cabbage in half and remove the core.
2. Slice half the cabbage as thin as possible and add to a large bowl.
3. Cut the fennel bulb in half and remove the core.
4. Slice fennel as thin as possible and add to the bowl.
5. Cut carrots and apples in 2” matchstick pieces and add to the bowl.
6. Add remaining ingredients into the bowl and mix thoroughly with tongs. Let sit at least 30 minutes before serving.
7. Garnish with sesame oil, peanuts, and scallions.
Should keep at least 5 days in the fridge