Ultimately, what you put in your body, shows up on your face. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite wellness experts to share their go-to recipe for glowing skin.
Name: Shelby DiMarco
Job Description: Co-founder of Sorella Collective. We make artfully curated graze boards.
Eat this for: Your mind. Be in the moment when chopping and arranging your food.
Time & Place: When hosting your best girlfriends on a Saturday evening.
Skin Food: Raw seasonal veggies are packed with vitamins and nutrients. The key is eating by what’s in season from your local farmers’ market.
Relieving Recipe to treaty anxiety: A big pot of lemony-brothy beans. It lasts a few days and it’s super versatile.
COVID-19 Silver Lining: Giving my mind a break, finding peace in surrendering, and spending much more meaningful time with my boyfriend.
Skincare mantra: Oils, gua sha, toxic-free products, tinted sunscreen.
SORELLA CRUDITÉS AT-HOME WITH TAHINI HUMMUS
- 3 rainbow carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- a handful of sugar snap peas
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- a few florets of cauliflower or sprouting cauliflower
- a few leaves of any type of crunchy lettuce, like romaine
- edible decor if possible: pansies, flowering greens—all available at farmers’ markets these days.
- 1 drained can of garbanzo beans, skin off if possible, tedious, but makes the hummus silky soft. Save 1 tbsp of the water for recipe!
- 1 smashed garlic clove
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c of tahini
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- a dash of cumin & paprika
- 1 tbsp of garbanzo bean water to thin hummus
Chop and arrange vegetables to any width and length you please. If possible, use farmers’ market produce for peak taste and nutrition.
For Tahini Hummus, blend in a food processor till silky smooth. Spoon into a bowl and finish with a drizzle of EVOO.