Nateur Cooking with Melissa Bolona
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring. It’s still possible to indulge in your favorite foods, while nourishing your body at the same time. Here we share clean versions of delicious recipes that will leave you feeling and looking incredible and not to mention, incredibly satisfied
Name:Melissa Boloña founder of Beauty & the Broth
Instagram: @TheBeautyandtheBroth and @MelissaBolona
Job description: CEO and Founder of Beauty & the Broth
Eat this for (good skin, healthy gut, etc): Bone broth of course! It is very high in collagen so it is a facial from the inside out! Not to mention the most optimal product for gut health —it regulates your gut in fact.
Where do you find recipe inspo? I love apps such as Yummly. But I always add my own unique flavors and adaptations to all recipes. I am constantly experimented with out bone broth to come up with fresh new recipes.
Top 3 Instagram accounts for inspiration:
@TheBeautyandtheBroth for all things digestible beauty
@MichelePaigeWellness for all my fitness goals
@BrooklynRooftopBotanicals for all things plants and beauty
Dream dinner guest to cook for:
I would love to cook for Gwyneth Paltrow so I can pick her brain on all things GOOP. Decisions she had to make in the process, her biggest challenges and rewards.
Favorite skin food ingredient and why: Hate to say it again but BONE BROTH!!!! It has my skin glowing and has helped me massively to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Must-have cookbook: Eat Beautiful: Food and Recipes to Nourish Your Skin from the Inside Out: A Cookbook
Go-to quick, healthy meal: I use my bone broth as a soup base and throw vegetables and left over meat in it—satisfying, delicious, healthy, gut cleansing.
Skincare mantra: ALWAYS WASH YOUR FACE BEFORE BED NO MATTER WHAT!
Bone Broth Stuffing
1 loaf of sourdough bread (16-18 oz.), cut into bite-sized cubes
4 stalks of organic celery, diced
1 medium organic yellow onion, diced
8 organic mini portobello mushrooms, roughly chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp ground sage
2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
2 Tbsp grassfed ghee or olive oil
2 cups beauty and the broth bone broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and roast dry on a baking sheet in hot oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
- In a large skillet, combine diced celery, onion, mushrooms, garlic, sea salt, pepper, herbs, and ghee/oil and saute over medium-high heat until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add toasted bread to skillet, stir well, then add the broth or stock; mix well again.
- Pour stuffing into a large, greased glass baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake uncovered at 400°F for 40 minutes. If you prefer a crispier stuffing, cook an additional 10 minutes.