Our Star Ingredient: Helichrysum, The Immortelle Flower
When I searched the world to formulate my luxury Agent Nateur blends, naturally, Helichrysum was on my creative radar. This essential oil is often referred to as “Immortelle” because the flower does not wither after its picked. Native to Europe and the Mediterranean, this was one of the Greek God Apollos’ favorite features and can be often seen adorning his head. Lucky for you, this beautiful ingredient is in our Agent Nateur holi (oil) formula.
Revered for its many beauty benefits, this flower comes from the daisy family and has played an important role in traditional medicine for centuries. Its properties have been used to heal in more ways than one. With over 600 species worldwide, the benefits of this flower are vast.
The Skincare Benefits of Helichrysum:
- Helps the appearance of rosacea and acne scars
- Promotes the look of smooth, calm skin
- Brightens skin and fights the effects of free radicals
- Improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and redness
- Helichrysum splendidum and odoratissimum antibacterial properties from flavonoid and terpene compounds relieve minor skin irritation, infections, and burns
- Calms and eases hives and psoriasis skin symptoms
- Helps recover surgical wounds and may protect from skin cancer
The Health Benefits of Helichrysum:
- Helichrysum italicum contains antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-fungal, and antibacterial properties and compounds that boost all functions of the immune system.
- Helichrysum splendidum and gymnocephalum relieves joint and muscle pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, menstrual cramps, sinusitis, and headaches.
- Helichrysum italicum may relieve ear infections and tinnitus.
- The ethanolic compounds of Helichrysum italicum calm an inflamed digestive tract and ease acid reflux and indigestion.
- Its anti-fungal compounds such acetophenones, phloroglucinols, and terpenoids help treat Candida.
- Helichrysum ceres properties can help control blood pressure, thin blood clots, and protect the heart.
- Helichrysum gymnocephalum and odoratissimum may contain flavonoids and phloroglucinols compounds that fight different strains of the Herpes virus.
- Reduces pain and swelling associated with hemorrhoids.
- Helichrysum asteraceae reduces the formation of kidney stones, gallbladder stones, and reoccurring urinary tract infections.
- Helichrysum arenarium, odoratissimum, and gymnocephalum, when inhaled, may reduce the symptoms of cold, cough, and respiratory infections.
- When inhaled it may enhance relaxation, reduce anxiety, and calm the central nervous system.
- Helichrysum gymnocephalum reduces oral bacterias and throat infections related to strep.
- Helichrysum gymnocephalum may contain compounds that fight the parasites connected to malaria.
- It may also lower insulin levels and help reduce weight gain.
Naturally, all living things such as flowers and herbs create energetic benefits. Helichrysum happens to radiate one of the highest frequencies in terms of energy. It is known to assist in the clearing of the heart—the 4th chakra—which helps promote forgiveness and release of traumatic memories that have created emotional blocks. It connects the physical body to the spirit, helping facilitate grounding. It nurtures the throat—the 5th chakra—energy field by helping release unspoken words that govern the thyroid. It works with our Root—the 1st chakra —and Sacral—the 2nd chakra–to assist in fertility, procreation, and pregnancy. Lastly, its gentle feminine power helps clarify our divine identity and adds the colors yellow, blue, orange, and red to our auric fields, helping create balance.
***THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED OR REGULATED BY THE FDA. WE ARE NOT DOCTORS, THEREFORE ALWAYS CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.