Nebulizing Colloidal Silver for Bronchitis
By @jenacovello @simpleorganix
Silver has been used to kill over 650 different illness-causing microorganisms, bacteria, viruses and fungi for centuries all over the world. More commonly seen used as an eating vessel to prevent food and water born illnesses, however prior to the introduction of antibiotics, it was used widely as a bacteria killing agent for at least 1200 years. Colloidal silver is a liquid derived from silver particles small enough to be measured in nanometers. Unlike silver that is a natural occurring element in nature, colloidal silver is produced using water, silver and a generator
Some of the things to look out for when choosing colloidal silver are:
- Particle Size: The smaller the size of the mineral particles, the safer, more effective and greatest in bio-activity. The smaller the particle, the better absorbed and easier for the body to excrete what it can’t use. Particles 0.8 nanometers in size is best. The solution should be clear to ensure smallest particle size as silver reflects light when left in larger pieces.
- Positive Charge: The bioactive form of silver is the positively charged form, and in order for colloidal silver particles to be effective, they must be converted into a bioactive form. A higher ratio of positively charged silver (try to get as close to 100% as possible) creates an unwanted environment to unfriendly organisms.
- Purity: True colloidal silver contains more than 50% silver in nanoparticle form. On the other hand, if it contains only 5-10% nanoparticles, it is considered ionic silver. Pharmaceutical based water ONLY is best, void of any proteins or gelatin additions.
- PPM: PPM refers to the mass of a substance per unit volume of water. According to Sovereign Silver, when a silver product contains the most active species of silver, coupled with the smallest particle size and greatest amount of positively charged silver, then a safe low concentration of 10 to 23 ppm bioactive silver is sufficient.
Due to colloidal silvers antiviral and antibacterial properties, one of the most common uses is to nebulize it as a form of treatment for bronchitis, pneumonia and other respiratory infections. It is also shown to have to have profound oncolytic properties as an additional treatment against lung cancers.
Bronchitis is usually caused by a pathogen that inflames and irritates both the bronchial tubes, windpipes and the tiny hairs that line the passageways. This inflammation causes fits of coughing, mucous and a rattle in the chest when breathing. Other symptoms such as wheezing, chest pain and low grade fever may sometimes accompany bronchitis. The pathogens can be either virus or bacteria from a concurrent respiratory infection or other chemical pollutants. Colloidal silver has been shown to be affective against the pathogens that cause acute and chronic bronchitis after studies showing the ineffectiveness of the traditionally prescribed antibiotic medication.
Although colloidal silver is effective when ingested as a treatment to disease, breathing it into the lungs delivers direct speedy respiratory support. Using a Nebulizer is the fastest way to get silver nanoparticles into the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system, and straight to the lungs where they are absorbed. Not to be confused or used with humidifiers or essential oil vaporizers.
For most respiratory infections, typically nebulize one teaspoon, 2-3 times a day for 10 to 15 minutes. The first few days nebulizing colloidal silver may cause coughing and phlegm before treatment helps lungs feel better. Treatment should be limited to no more than 30 days or as needed temporarily.
Remember, nebulizing colloidal silver is not meant to be the only form of treatment. Other forms of treatments for bronchitis are:
- Elderberry: contains bioflavonoids that destroy viruses & expel congestion in the lungs.
- Vitamin C: boosts immune system
- Zinc: boosts immune system and works synergistically with vitamin C.
- NAC: thins mucous and improves cough.
- Echinacea: antiviral properties and immune support.
- Astragalus: boosts immune system, fights infections. See Astragalus blog.
- Oregano Oil: antibacterial properties, taken 2 weeks maximum.
- Probiotics: aids in gut and respiratory infections.
There is also an emotional connection to lung and respiratory diseases associated with the Heart Chakra energy field. The heart chakra is the 4th Chakra located at the center of the chest, representing love, self love, and relationships. When imbalanced, lungs and breathing problems are present with emotional connections of grief, loss, depression, sadness and difficult relationships.
***THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED OR REGULATED BY THE FDA. WE ARE NOT DOCTORS, THEREFORE ALWAYS CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST