I’ve never had bronchitis in my life. I also haven’t had the flu in ten years. So when my throat began hurting and a dry cough prevented me from breathing, I became so alarmed because I never experienced this kind of lingering cough that had me gasping for air for over two weeks. EVER. My concerned friends said I needed steroids and antibiotics such as arbutin to ensure that it wouldn’t turn into pneumonia. I haven’t taken an antibiotic since 2012 and I had adverse reactions (that was Cipro, read my blog post here) so my intention was to heal this holistically. My healers told me that bronchitis and issues with the lungs were connected to grief specifically related to family and relationships. This made sense. Many emotions have come up for me the last two months and I'm happy my body is releasing and healing these trapped emotions. I always like to connect the physical ailment to the emotional body. A good place to start is by reading Louise Hay's book You Can Heal Your Life. Another book that I love for healing and positive affirmations is Susan Shumsky's Instant Healing. It's also incredibly important to avoid people who stress you or drain you. Sometimes this could be your own friends and family members. If your intuition is telling you to avoid them while you're feeling sick or have low energy, trust yourself.
Here is what I’m doing to heal myself:
- I stick to the AIP autoimmune diet hardcore aside from some white rice because that’s the one grain my body can handle. This means no sugar, additional grains, dairy or gluten.
- Daily cups of organic turkey bone broth/stock and chicken soup
- Nebulizing with colloidal silver 2-3 times a day for 30 minutes at a time. You can find a nebulizer on Amazon.
- 1 teaspoon of colloidal silver per day taken internally (just for a few days)
- Glutathione IV drip from my doctor’s office Vitalife in Santa Monica
- 1000mg of NAC from Thorne
- 8,000mg of Vitamin c per day
- Mullein, eucalyptus, lemon balm, nettle leaf and licorice tea filled with fresh organic lemon and manuka honey. I make a blend of tea that I purchase from Starwest Botanicals
- Taking short breaths in through the nose and blowing out through the mouth (this greatly reduced my choking fits)
- Lots of rest
- Gargling with hot water and salt 3 times per day thanks to my friend @gemstoneapothecary
- Therazinc peppermint elderberry spray 3 times per day
- Cutting out the inside of a turnip, filling it with manuka honey, allowing it to sit overnight and drinking the honey the next morning (my friend @lindamonaskanian came over to make this for me)
- Seeing Tarek from @Kinetix365 for body work and cupping (who is one of the top body workers in the US by the way) told me that when he became a US citizen, he was given 26 vaccines at once and immediately caught pneumonia for 4 weeks. He said this supplement helped speed up his recovery: Evergreen Bai He Gu Jin Tang
- My friend @Christinedionese, an integrative epigenetic health specialist recommended the nebulizer along with Nature’s Way Umcka Cold Care cherry tablets and Expec
- Dr Zach Bush’s Restore supplement, which also detoxes glyphosate and is incredible for respiratory health.
- But here’s what helped me MOST: Eating insanely spicy crabs and raw garlic. This loosened the mucus and cough almost immediately! Spicy foods helps bronchitis tremendously. Raw garlic is an incredible food to support lung health. Eat at least one clove a day
- Pineapple for it’s high content of bromelain. It works as a digestive aid and helps to thin out mucus
- 8,000mg Astragalus per day
- 10,000mg Spirulina per day
- 3 hot baths per day to detox
- Inhaling eucalyptus essential oil while I’m in the bath/shower. I place 8 drops on a hot wash cloth and breathe it in. I also place the oil directly on my chest.
- Touchstone Essential's Zeolite
- Digestive enzymes and Probiotics
I hope these tips help someone else on their healing journey!
***THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED OR REGULATED BY THE FDA. WE ARE NOT DOCTORS, THEREFORE ALWAYS CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.