Ultimately, what you put in your body, shows up on your face. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite wellness experts to share their go-to recipe for glowing skin.
Name: Lynnette Astaire
Job Description: Plant-based chef + founder / CEO of Superfood School
Eat this for: The fountain of youth.
Time & Place: Eat this first thing in the morning. Break-fast is best as the body is ripe and ready to replenish and hydrate after a night of rest. This is my standard recipe for my green juice fasts, which I have been practicing for 15 years, with 10 to 14-day fasts.
Skin Food: Hydrating cucumbers, cleansing celery, and protein-packed sprouts are just a few of the ingredients.
Skincare mantra: Never, ever go to sleep without washing your face.
- Each recipe makes about one 16oz glass.
- 1 to 2 Cucumbers
- 2 stalks of celery (leaves are great, but can be overpowering, add to taste)
- 1 c green sprouts* (like pea greens or sunflower greens. Basic greens can be substituted)
- 1/4 c green herbs (like mint or parsley)
- 1 green apple (optional, for sweetness)
- 1/4 tbsp ginger, optional
Blend in a juicer.