Many of us take a daily multivitamin, but have you ever thought to supplement with liquid minerals?
As important as vitamins are for our health, they cannot function properly in the absence of minerals. Minerals are critical for our health and essential for our bodies’ electrical systems. Every moment of every day our bodies rely on minerals to generate billions of tiny electrical impulses. These impulses are what allow our hearts to beat and brains to operate. Without these impulses, not a single muscle would be able to function and cells would not be able absorb nutrients.
Minerals are also required as building blocks for bone and to maintain protein structures, including those that makeup connective tissue, hair, skin and nails.
Because plants cannot synthesize minerals on their own, they must obtain them from the soil. Unfortunately, our soils have become depleted due to modern farming practices and the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Foods today don’t contain the essential nutrients that they once did and unless you are supplementing with minerals, then you are more than likely deficient. “The odds of you getting all essential minerals by just eating well is zero”, says Dr. Joel Wallach, a research pioneer who has spent over 40 years studying the effects of individual nutrients on health.
Even as early as 1936, US senate document 264 had already declared that 99% of the US population was deficient in minerals and stated that a deficiency in any of the more important minerals can actually result in disease. Dr. Wallach suggests that up to 900 diseases can be caused by nutritional deficiencies alone.
Dr. Charles Northern, who extensively studied the connection between soil health and human health, found that minerals play a pivotal role in the health and immunity of plants. He discovered that when he restored minerals to the soil of part of an infested orange grove, the trees that were mineralized became clean, while the rest remained diseased. He also conducted an experiment where he intertwined both healthy and diseased tomato and cucumber plants. Remarkably, the bugs ate up the diseased plants, while refusing to touch the healthy plants. This is the incredible power of minerals. A healthy plant, grown in properly balanced, mineral rich soil will resist most disease and insects.
The ability of well mineralized plants to develop strong immunity also applies to animals and humans. A well known nutrition authority was quoted in US Senate document 264 as saying, “one sure way to end the American people’s susceptibility to infection is to supply through food a balanced ration of iron, copper and other metals. An organism supplied with a diet adequate to, or preferably in excess of, all mineral requirements may so utilize these elements as to produce immunity from infection quite beyond anything we are able to produce artificially by our present method of immunization. You can't make up the deficiency by using patent medicine.”
Fortunately for us, our bodies give us early warning signs before developing a serious disease from a mineral deficiency. Dr. Wallach says, you don’t want to wait until you have cardio myopathy and drop dead from a heart attack to realize you have a selenium deficiency. He says, take a look at your hands and look at your face in the mirror. Do you see liver spots or age spots? If you do, this is an early sign of a selenium deficiency. If you start supplementing with selenium, in four to six months they will all go away. And when they go away on the outside, they’ll also go away on the inside, including places like your brain, heart, liver and kidneys.
Dr. Wallach says there are five early warning signs of a mineral deficiency.
- White, grey or silver hair at any age indicates a copper deficiency because copper is required as a cofactor to to manufacture hair pigment. Once you start supplementing with copper, your hair color will start to come back, starting at the nape of the neck, going to the top of the head and then you’ll see the hair on the side of your head begin to regain color. Fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, spider veins and varicose veins are all caused by elastic fiber breakdown and are also a sign of copper deficiency, as copper is required for collagen and elastin synthesis.
- Liver spots or age spots, which are a result of free radical damage, are an early sign of selenium deficiency. Selenium neutralizes free radicals and other skin damaging compounds. Supplementing with selenium will reverse the brown spots in four to six months.
- Eye twitches and or cramps are both the result of a calcium deficiency. In fact, a 1998 study found that women who took 1,200 mg of calcium per day were able to reduce their menstrual cramps by 54%.
- Low blood sugar is a result of a chromium and a vanadium deficiency, which takes about four months to stabilize.
- 95% of all cravings are due to mineral deficiencies. Cravings are the body’s way of screaming for minerals. When a pregnant woman has cravings, it’s because the fetus is taking minerals from her faster than she is taking them in. According to Dr. Wallach, all birth defects are a result of mineral deficiencies.
Minerals also play a huge role in longevity. In studies done with laboratory animals, certain trace minerals have been proven to double the lifespan of animals. These trace minerals are lanthanum, praseodymium, neodymium, samarium, europium, yiderbium, and thulium.
If you look at cultures around the world who live to be 120-140, they all have one common denominator, mineral rich glaciers in every one of their communities. They use the water from these glaciers for drinking water and for irrigating their crops. Their high mineral intake enables them to live to old age without disease. They don’t experience the typical symptoms of aging, such as high blood pressure, arthritis, osteoporosis, cancer, cataracts, or glaucoma. And they don’t experience birth defects.
Benefits of supplementing with ionic liquid minerals include:
Deeper, more restful sleep
Thicker, fuller hair
Reduction of age spots
Reduction of wrinkles
Restored hair color
Stronger immune system
When supplementing with minerals, Jena uses an ionic liquid mineral supplement such as, We Care 365 Ionic Minerals. Ionic liquid minerals are a highly bioavailable form of minerals and are easy to absorb due to their small molecular structure.
***THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED OR REGULATED BY THE FDA. WE ARE NOT DOCTORS, THEREFORE ALWAYS CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.