***After 10 days of celery juice every morning on an empty stomach, the dry, flakey skin on my legs is completely gone and the intense itching sensation that ive experienced every day for my whole life has significantly decreased. Blemishes on my face are healing much quicker and the internal moisture I’m getting from the celery juice has moisturized my skin from the inside out. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that I have a glow and softness to my skin that I’ve never had before. This is with no other dietary or product changes besides drinking celery juice every morning.
It’s safe to say it is pretty likely that anyone reading Medical Medium by Anthony Williams has incorporated fresh celery juice into their morning routine after reading all about its many benefits. Its healing properties are profound and those who have tried it swear by its effects. Anthony Williams says that celery juice is one of the most powerful and healing juices we can drink and even claims that the transformations can happen in as little as a week. I know celery on its own sounds pretty bland and boring, but its nutritional and healing benefits far outweigh any cons. Celery juice offers enzymes and coenzymes and raises hydrochloric acid in the stomach so that food is easily digested and does not putrefy during the process. This helps prevent a multitude of gastrointestinal disorders. The benefits range far and wide, but one we are most impressed with in particular is the effect it has on pain-related inflammation. This just may be one of the simplest things you can do to make a big difference in how you feel.
Inflammation is at the heart of all disease. Chronic inflammation is part of the body’s immune response and can be linked to autoimmune disorders, skin problems like acne, psoriasis, and eczema, chronic joint pain, arthritis, fatigue, bloating, and even brain fog and depression. Celery’s anti-inflammatory compounds, luteolin and polyacetylenes, inhibit the enzymes responsible for inflammation and work to lower inflammatory prostaglandins. Luteolin and polyacetylene provide relief for all inflammation in the body. Celery is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory foods because it starves the bad bacteria, yeast, mold, funguses and viruses that are present in the body, while allowing the good bacteria to thrive. It is hydrating on a cellular level, helping to flush toxins and debris out of the intestinal tract and liver and making it the perfect drink for repairing the gut lining. In doing so, pathogens, which are often the underlying cause of inflammation, are killed off, giving our body the break it needs to be able to handle more without inflaming.
How you do it
Start with 16 ounces of celery (about one full head of celery) juice every morning upon waking. Make sure you are drinking the juice on an empty stomach in order to raise hydrochloric acid levels and set you up for easy digestion for the rest of the day. If you do not have a juicer, you can chop up the celery and blend it in a high power blender with a splash of filtered water, and then strain in a nut milk bag or sieve. Try to buy organic celery whenever possible.
Other benefits of 100% celery juice
It is an important alkalizing food
- Celery rids the body of acids and toxins while cleansing the liver and blood stream.
- Effective in flushing toxins out of the body and reducing stomach bloat.
- In restoring adrenals and providing essential nutrients, cravings reduce. When our body’s nutritional needs are being met, cravings are much less an issue.
Reduces brain fog
- The mineral salts in celery juice feed electrical impulse activity and support neuron function, which is key if you suffer with ADHD, brain fog, or memory loss. When it comes to celery, think electrolytes. It hydrates on a deep cellular level, lessening your chances of suffering from migraines.
Reduces cancer risk
- The high amount of antioxidants help combat free radicals, which in turn betters general health and lowers chances of developing cancer.
- High in antioxidants.
- Rehydrates you and replenishes important electrolytes like sodium and potassium.
- Contains coumarins that are known to reduce the stress hormone cortisol and enhance the activity of white blood cells.
Great for skin
- High in minerals, which support glowing skin and anti-aging.
- Good source of Vitamin K, which is beneficial for skin firmness and elasticity.
- Contains Vitamin C.
- Extremely hydrating.
By Alexa Ouaknine
***THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED OR REGULATED BY THE FDA. WE ARE NOT DOCTORS, THEREFORE ALWAYS CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.